Thursday, June 30, 2011

Achieving the Flawless Finish of Professionally Done Make-up

by Paulla De Souza, Makeup Artist and Guest Contributor

Click to LIKE us on FACEBOOK

Over the years I have had the opportunity to meet many women from all the Continents . They all had one question in common – how do I achieve that nice flawless finish of a professional makeup job at home, especially when it comes to doing my eyes? 
Photo by Paulla De Souza

MAQUILLAGE was born, my first makeup dvd that featured five looks with step by step instructions on how to achieve same. I am however not convinced that it was enough. So I came up with this strategy. I believe that if I can share my understanding of what makeup really is, the products and their purposes, and what can be achieved from their various uses, then maybe it would be less challenging and makeup can become more fun.

The first lesson I learnt was that an artist never work on a dirty canvas. A canvas that is flawed and unkempt is a challenge for even the best makeup artist. With special care and dedication, I believe it is possible to achieve nice, flawless skin. The focus should always be on eating healthy and a good skin care regimen. Skin care reflects YOU and makeup should only be used to enhance the already beautiful skin you achieved by caring for your skin on a daily basis. Learn what your skin type is so you can choose products which would be complimentary to your skin. Develop an intimate relationship with your skin so you know what works for you. A basic skin care routine of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing everyday, twice per day, along with scrubbing occasionally will give you remarkable results. There is no extra time needed, just include it as a part of your bath routine.

The one thing you should be aware of is, since as you mature your skin need changes, you should adjust your skin care products to suit these changes. Skin care should always be one of your self-investments; it is one that would have life time benefits. Trust me when I say, it is wiser to invest in a moisturizer over a fabulous pair of shoes. I know you are capable of working through my logics.

What has your experience been with make-up. What are some of the best facial and skin care products you've used? Do share by commenting below.

Wish to be a guest writer/contributor on beauty topics? Send your articles to womantowomansite@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment