Sunday, September 11, 2011

Top 9 Facial Foundation Reviews


From Woman to Woman Makeup Artist/Beautician Paulla De Souza


REVLON COLOURSTAY

 This is my # 1 foundation; I have developed an intimate relationship with this product since I also use it personally and professionally. I was introduced to the brand back in 1997 on my first television show, West Wood Park. My skin is very oily. Caramel is my perfect shade, which blends in well with my skin tone. It gives me a natural finish and stays put all day with very minimum touch ups. What I like most about this product is that it is buildable, I get coverage, and it still looks natural, I also get great protection from the sun. It is my sunscreen whenever I go to the beach.

On photo shoots, it’s heaven sent, especially on sweaters, and on men. Men squirm at the thought of wearing makeup, but with this product, once it is applied properly, can get that air brushed finished that is so needed for today's advance HD cameras and it’s barely visible. I also like that I can custom blend the colours to suit the skin tone I am working with. I am in love with this product because I get the results I need in any given situation, from out door shoots, to the runway, to underwater shoots. Not to mention, it really does not come off on clothing as much as other brands.


REVLON PHOTO READY FOUNDATION  


It’s a light weight foundation which gives amazing coverage and it’s buildable in the areas that need more. What is also special about this product is, it really does adapt to any type of lighting, and there is no visible change. Perfect for indoor shoots, and on brides. I would not recommend for outdoor shoots or on people who sweat a lot.
MAKEUP FOREVER HD FOUNDATION



I absolutely love the way it grabs the skin, it gives great coverage but yet a nice crisp finish. I am a big fan of ski. The foundation really is invisible to the naked eye which makes it great for working with High Definition camera. This product must be DP's dream come through. I would recommend especially for still photography, video, and for brides. It is oil-free, but it can also be used on any skin type because it is enriched with moisturizing agents. 

IMAN SECOND TO None CRÈME STICK


 It’s an Oil-free, silicone based, medium coverage foundation with a silky texture that provides a flawless natural looking finish. I was surprised that I got a matte finish from a creme stick that did not get greasy on my very oily skin. It went on smooth and evened out my skin giving me that nice flawless finish that is my personal preference. There were times when I opted to wear it alone without powder, or I would just powder my T-zone. It stays really well.

LOREAL HIP

I loved the fact that I got great coverage and there are a wide variety of colours available that compliments the unique skin tones of our Caribbean women, especially the darker tones. However, I found it to be a disaster for outdoor shoots. The product was walking off the skin after a few pats.

IDEAL SHADE AVON


I discovered this foundation by accident and fell in love with it, so it became one of my personal favourite. I got a lot of compliments on my skin whenever I wore it. It is oil free and, for a lightweight product, it gives me complete coverage that looks and feels 100% natural; it’s like it is barely there. Even though it is recommended for all skin types, I never used it on clients.

SMASHBOX HIGH DEFINITION HEALTHY FX FOUNDATION  


I think to date this one was my least favourite on me. It is oil free, and I noticed the content has a tendency to separate so I always have to shake it a lot before using. I experienced a tingle immediately after application, a minor discomfort which subsided. It gives very light coverage and it is not buildable. For me to achieve the look and the coverage I needed, I had to incorporate with another foundation. It looked okay, but I suppose it is more suitable for persons with really flawless skin.

BLACK OPAL TRUE COLOUR STICK & TRUE COLOUR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS 



Next to Iman, this brand has some of the best and widest colours for medium to dark skin tones. The stick gives a nice velvet finish and gives maximum coverage, it is also recommended for all skin types. I like that it blends very well with almost any skin tone, and I can also custom blend to get what I want, either within the brand or with other brands. I use the creme stick foundations as a concealer where heavy coverage is needed on a client.

The liquid is an oil-free light weight formula and gives light to medium coverage. On dry dull skin, this product is awesome, and the skin looks flawless. When working with oily skin, a lot of work is required for it to sit on the skin very well. Base the skin with a good primer, pat and press the oil absorbing powder over the foundation; you should apply more over the area where you tend to become oilier, then finish up with the deluxe finishing powder.

Copyright. All rights reserved 2011

Share your comments below. What is your favorite foundation and why?
 
Have a question for Paulla?  Email her at womantowomansite@gmail.com SUBSCRIBE below


Enter your email address to get updates everytime we post:


>

No comments:

Post a Comment