Wednesday, July 27, 2011

About Dating Married Men and a Word to Homewreckers


By Kristine Koch, Guest Contributor¦ Repost

Tisk-Tisk Stupid Girl....

So finally Mr. Right came along and let me guess, he rode in on his white horse, reached out for your hand to kiss it ever so gently but he forgot to take off his wedding ring first? Don’t you just hate it when that happens? So why haven’t you two rode off into the sunset yet? Well I think we all know why or at least it would be easy to guess. Stupid girl, stupid girl when will you ever learn…”?(hubpages.com)

Grandma once told me that to date a married man is to bring sure damnation to my life; seven years of bad luck! Boy was she right, except I think she probably meant a lifetime of damnation. In short, as attractive as it looks, NEVER date someone who is married. Oh yes, I know you heard it before, but who cares, right? After all it’s not my business, and yes, Mr. Married Man is too sweet to let go. Foolish talk!

And it doesn’t matter that his marriage is “on the rocks”—the favorite, clichéd, pick-up line. Don’t be gullible. Stay clear!

Besides the fact that dating a married man is taboo, it is morally wrong and you end up selling yourself short. You are worth more than that, right? Why should you have to settle for dinner someone else has eaten? Or why should you have to settle for the crumbs from the table? I don’t care how cute, ambitious or wealthy he is, or how much he ‘hates’ his wife and ‘loves’ you. Understand what you are doing to yourself and everyone involved. This is not only about you. It’s about you, him, his wife, his kids, and I can go on and on to show you the domino effect your action can have on lives, often times doing irreparable damage.


Get this—You’re a Passing Satisfaction

Can’t you see he’s using you? Forget that he tells you he is unhappy and that he’s leaving his wife. The word ‘leaving’ itself should be your biggest clue. “Leaving’ is a present continuous verb and connotes an action still in progress. Men seem to always to be ‘leaving’ someone else right about the time you come along. When he has left, and it becomes a past perfect action on his part, and he is divorced and free to date, maybe then you can consider dating him. And no, do not orchestrate, encourage or facilitate the break-up or divorce.

He may or may not be happy with his wife. (Happy married men cheat too, because human beings are inherently non-monogamous even though we like to think we are monogamous by nature.) Don’t become his scapegoat nonetheless, though. He will have little or no respect for you, and who is to blame? No one else but you. He comes to you for comfort, for you to make him feel good and then you feel like you’ve been used because he has to go home to his wife. Well what do you expect? That’s where he belongs.

Even if he is truly unhappy, his cheating should tell you how he deals with situations in his life.

He’s Not Leaving

A greater percentage of husbands who promise to leave their wives for other women actually do not do so. It’s not surprising, is it? You’re not that foolish, are you? They don’t leave because, in reality, they do have good wives and a family depending on them. Besides, when he looks at you, he sees you as nothing, just a place he goes to for a moment of satisfaction.

Even if he leaves, he may very well end up doing so simply because his cheating caused the marriage to flop. He’s coming to you further unhappy, with his emotional baggage for you to now carry. He’s in no position to deal with another relationship. He has to heal from the separation or divorce and the fact of losing his wife and kids. He may even blame you for the failure of his marriage, if it is that his wife found out about you.

You Will Get Your Turn in the Fire

If he can do it to his wife, he will most certainly do it to you or anyone else who takes the main position in his life. I don’t’ doubt that there were happy endings for some folks, but that doesn’t make it acceptable. You think it makes pleasant conversation to tell your children that you are a home wrecker, or that they are the product of infidelity? Think about it.

As women, we need to encourage one another along the right path. No one is perfect; we all have made our share of mistakes. Life is too short, so let’s minimize mistakes as much as we can and learn from the experiences and counsel of others.

Use that precious time you might be wasting trying to steal a husband and wreck a wife’s home on more rewarding activities. Invest it in a healthy relationship, one that has a better chance at flourishing. There are still many good single men out there. You can find one. Just know how to market yourself without selling yourself for next to nothing.

So next time a married man shows interest in you, you won’t be showing interest, since you’re now wiser. Tell him you pride yourself in not being a homewrecker and make sure you also tell him he should be ashamed of himself.

All rights reserved. 
  1. Has your marriage been wrecked by a cold-hearted woman who stole your man?
  2. Are you the 'other' woman?
  3. What are your views on dating married men or women? Share your views with us. Comment below.
Disclaimer: The idea, views, suggestions and opinions of other writers/contributors of Woman to Woman Blog Talk do not necessarily represent the views of the Administrator of this site. Administrator cannot be held responsible for independent ideas, views, suggestions and opinions of others.


5 comments:

  1. you are full of it. most married men are cheating because when you get married you change, and are no longer sexually accessible.
    When I come out of my marriage one of you female types will not get me to fall into this bullshit trap again. I can stay single and have more fun with more of you than letting one of you bog me down. Can you tell I'm starting to hate women...
    Instead of acknowledging that there are a whole lot more of you than there are of us and that some of you won't get married and that having a man in your life period than spending all of your time alone you will stay just that way ....alone... go horseback riding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have met this married Guy from Day 1 we just clicked and we had a strong physical attraction ;we both feel the some way, The Big Question is it worth continueing with himmmm,,, even though you love or JUST decide to break up!! with the strong love feeeling?????its total crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anonymous on April 12, 2013 trust me it's not worth your time and your life dating a married man. It's going to backfire and will lead to nothing but pure heartache. Spend your time taking care of yourself so you can attract that single man who you deserve and deserve you. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, I get article but it is kind of one sided.
    He is USING me ? How about ME using him ? Yes, I date a married man and I'm using him for sex. I need uncomplicated sex. And I USE HIM FOR SEX. I told him this already and he said he does not mind.
    He will never leave? Who sais that I want him to leave ? I lived enough life to understand how ANY relationship can be full of unnecessary tress and trouble. I do not need yet another relationship with new headaches. Let him be where he wants to be . Pls do not leave your wife, live your life the way you want, I DO NOT CARE. All I care is MY OWN comfort . I meet with you ,we have a great time and you are free to go. Honestly I get tired pretty quickly so when you are finally gone I feel a relieve.
    I do get I'm his passing satisfaction, nothing lasts forever in this world. Guess what? He is my passing satisfaction too. And in case he starts giving me hard time I'll kick him out of my life. My comfort is a priority and I do not like weak wussies who are giving me hard time. You either behave nicely or you will be replaced.
    By the way, I honestly do not care what his status is, married, divorced separated. All I care is whether he can provide me with a good quality time. This is all I need.
    In case you wonder, I'm 40+ smart educated beautiful woman. Yes, I can afford to be picky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been in a relationship with a married man for almost 7 years. 3 years while he lived with his wife and for 4.5 years we lived together. He still has yet to file for divorce. Even though he and his wife do not speak, I know them still being married hinders our relationship and I have had nothing but very bad luck. As soon as he came to live with me, I lost my job of 7 years. Everything has gone down hill, I'm finding more and more bad luck situations happening to me everyday. They are never small situations either. This has caused me to slip into major anxiety and depression. My blood pressure has risen and I now take several medications. I am not happy, I feel like I'm in a situation that is never getting better. So to sum up it all up, yes, there is a chance that your married lover will leave his wife but I advise you to not take that chance!

    Signed,
    Lost in Life

    ReplyDelete